Under the direction of a physician, our qualified Medicare certified psychiatric nurses and qualified staff will plan, coordinate and provide care tailored to your needs. Our services include:
Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Work, Home Health Aide and Nutritional Consultation by a Registered Nurse.
- The Skilled Nurse is an RN or LPN with training and experience in providing care in the home. The nurse communicates frequently with your physician to update your plan of care. Services may include evaluation of patient needs; visit frequency to meet patient's needs, up to and including twice a day; performance of skilled nursing procedures; medication management; education of patient, family members and caregivers on disease processes; self-care techniques and prevention strategies.
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy services are provided by a licensed therapist or a licensed therapy assistant under the direction of a therapist. Your therapist will provide specific information about the services and treatments you will receive.
- The Medical Social Worker provides short-term counseling services, referral to and coordination with community resources and assistance with living arrangements, finances and long-range planning.
- Home Health Aide services are performed under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed therapist. Our aides have experience and training in providing care in the home. An Aide is assigned when there is a specific need for personal care on a part-time basis at home. Any duties the home health aide performs will be planned by you and the nurse and added to your plan of care. Typical duties include bathing, shampooing hair, light housekeeping and assistance with other activities of daily living.
- Supplies/Therapy: Medical Supplies and Therapy Services may be required to carry out your plan of care. All medically necessary therapy services or medical supplies must be coordinated with the home health agency while you are receiving Medicare covered home health services. If you arrange for these services or supplies on your own while under our plan of care, Medicare will not reimburse you or the other suppliers.
- DME: Durable Medical Equipment (walker, wheelcare, hospital bed, etc.) is covered separately and may be supplied by your home health agency or an outside Medicare-certified supplier of your choice.